A new level of engagement on Google+
Google+ new feature: communities
Google+ Communities is all about the meeting and engaging, based on shared interests and passions.
- Find and connect with people with similar interests/passions/causes
- Start engaging in discussions with people
- Host events and even ‘hangouts’ so you can engage with others face to face!
Its great for:
- Listening to your customers and learning from them – it’s a great source of market research
- Connecting with other communities – that relate to your business.
- Sharing ideas with others
So if you’re an expert in your particular field – great! Passionate about your particular interest, business or brand? Start a community and share your expertise, connect with others and meet people. Share your passion and help others.
If you want to learn from the experts then join a community of your choice. Learn from them and thank them. Engage in discussions with people.
How do I set up my Google+ community?
There are 4 community types and once you’ve chosen your type – you’re stuck with it so choose carefully!
- Public communities – anyone can join
- Public but moderator approval is needed to join
- Private community – moderator approval is needed to join and only members of the community can see existing members and posts
- Private community – hidden from search. It’s an ‘invitation only’ community.
Google+ communities set up hints and tips
- Pick a good name for your community
- You’ll need a good photo for the profile of your community – 200px wide x 250px tall
- A descriptive tagline will entice people in
- Fill out the about section – you want to describe your community as best you can
- Add discussion categories – these help the community members find topics they’re interested in and can comment on
- Welcome your members – write a post
- +1 other members posts when they write something you like
- Create events and hangouts