Case Study: General Lamps E-commerce Website
BeSeen were commissioned to design and build a new e-commerce website for General Lamps’ online shop.
General Lamps are a specialist retailer and distributor of light bulbs in the UK. BeSeen were commissioned to redevelop and upgrade the existing e-commerce website.
- Re-design site to provide modern look and feel of the site
- Create an e-commerce engine to manage 3000+ products
- Back-end integration into line of business application to populate products onto the website, manage orders into backend system and to manage trade accounts.
- SagePay integration
- Ensure site is optimised for search engines
- Social Media integration
- Blog facility
- Cross browser compatibility (a fully optimised mobile site is on the roadmap for future development)
We implemented pricing visibility for Trade customers such that it displays their trade pricing based on the category of trade customer (Gold / Silver / Bronze) in the back-end system.
Target Audience navigation journey
One challenge was to allow the site to be used by different target audiences, domestic buyer for the home, small businesses and trade audiences. We researched the target audience and developed profiles. We developed the customer journey and implemented easy self selection from the home page to allow them to find their products quickly and easily.
Detailed categorisation of products was undertaken, again to help with navigation.
Bulb Finder – we implemented a search facility to allow for technical and non technical search for products.
Full On-site SEO
Marketing of the site was a key requirement.
We undertook onsite optimisation including meta data and friendly URLs utilising keywords.
We created and implemented a feed into Google shopping to create added visibililty of the products.
Quality of Design
The new site is a dramatic improvement on the old site. The design incorporates a modern look an feel as well as utilising modern digital marketing technology.
The design of the site is inline with their offline catalogue providing a unified image to the client.
- BeSeen marketing has worked hand in hand with the client to develop an e-commerce website for the business with marketing and business objectives in mind.
- We met our objectives of delivering a modern site with easy navigation for a variety of target audiences. We met and overcame technical challenges to integrate into the client’s back-end business management software.
- We completed a successful migration from the old site to the new site without any detriment to the business, loss of traffic or orders.
“BeSeen Marketing have done a great job in developing our new website. Their technical capability shone through by overcoming many technical challenges to integrate with our back end systems. We now have a great platform to grow out online business and compete effectively in the market place.”
MD, General Lamps
Want to Learn More?
[cta]for more information or to discuss your requirements.[/cta]